Metal My Way Contest Rules
“Metal My Way” is a photo submission contest. Entrants submit, at metalmyway.com, photos or video of metal projects for a chance to win a prize. The contest runs from January 14, 2019 until January 31, 2019.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Metal My Way photo submission contest (the “Campaign”) is open only to those who submit a photo or video (an “Entry”) at metalmyway.com or using social media as further described herein. Contestants must by 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, the United States and the United Kingdom. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Metal Supermarkets Franchising America Inc., Metal Supermarkets Franchising Company Inc. or Metal Supermarkets UK Limited (collectively “Metal Supermarkets”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Metal Supermarkets as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on January 14, 2019 at 8am ET/ 5am PT and ending on January 31, 2019 at 11pm ET / 8pm PT. All online entries must be received by January 31, 2019 at 11pm ET / 8pm PT.
4. How to Enter:
a. The Campaign must be entered by completing a submission of the online form provided at metalmyway.com,
b. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Metal Supermarkets. You may enter a particular metal project only once, but you may enter multiple metal projects. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter a metal project more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Metal Supermarkets.
c. Photos are automatically collected by use of a contest application form, but actual entries must be approved by Metal Supermarkets and approval may be withheld at the discretion of Metal Supermarkets.
a. The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the following prize: 1 grand prize for the assessed best overall metal project Entry, consisting of a Pit Boss 700FB Wood Pellet Grill. At Metal Supermarkets’ discretion, the actual prize award may differ, but any award replacement prize shall be of similar quality and value to those described.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification:
a. Winners will be selected to receive a Grand Prize by selection and assessment of a selection committee consisting of Metal Supermarkets employees or designates where this panel shall assess each Entry relative to the aforementioned categories or relative all Entries. The selection shall be based on considerations given to project complexity & intricacy, aesthetics, creativity, uniqueness, scale, ingenuity, quantity of metal used and otherwise.
b. Winner(s) will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Metal Supermarkets shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT METAL SUPERMARKETS‘ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You:
a. By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Metal Supermarkets, anyone acting on behalf of Metal Supermarkets, and Metal Supermarkets’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
b. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Metal Supermarkets. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Metal Supermarkets from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Metal Supermarkets may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Metal Supermarkets reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Metal Supermarkets’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Metal Supermarkets may select the Winner of the Grand Prize from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Metal Supermarkets. Metal Supermarkets reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Metal Supermarkets has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Metal Supermarkets reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Metal Supermarkets and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion of the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada and all of its provinces but for Quebec, the laws of the United States and all of its various states, and the laws of the United Kingdom WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the province of Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Metal Supermarkets, 520 Abilene Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2H7, Canada. Requests must be received no later than February 28, 2019 4pm ET.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Metal Supermarkets Service Company Inc., 520 Abilene Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2H7, Canada.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Metal Supermarkets is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.